- adjdurable, lasting, well-made, made/built to last, strong, tough, sturdy, stout, rugged, resilient≠ delicate
* * *▶ adjective DURABLE, strong, tough, resilient, lasting, long-lasting, made to last, stout, well made, rugged, heavy-duty.flimsy.
* * *hard-wearˈing adjectiveLasting well in use, durable• • •Main Entry: ↑hard
* * *hard-wearing UK US adjective britishhard-wearing clothing is strong and lasts a long timeThesaurus: words used to describe clotheshyponym
* * *adj [more \hard-wearing; most \hard-wearing]Brit : lasting for a long time : ↑durable
* * *that lasts a long time and remains in good condition
a hard-wearing carpet
I want shoes that are practical and hard-wearing.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.